Cafe Hopping: Kith Cafe



A recent lazy Sunday brought me back to Kith Cafe at Park Mall, just across the way from Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. This was one of the first places that I visited for brunch back in August, so it was nice to go back and see how it compared with the many other places I've had the chance to sample over this year.

It was definitely busy around noon, with lots of foot traffic passing by. However, my friend and I were able to secure a spot inside right when we walked up, as long as we were okay with sharing the table (which we definitely were, considering the muggy weather). Feeling fairly peckish, I went for the salmon and eggs breakfast, which had salmon, poached eggs, avocado, caviar, toast, and baked beans, all on top of some baby spinach. 

Paired with a honey ginger chai, I was feeling pretty happy with this visual feast. However, it was actually difficult to sort out the dish. Do you make a sandwich with all of these pieces? Does the avocado go with the salmon, or should it stick with the eggs? The parts tasted great, but as a whole it felt a bit odd. All in all, I really enjoyed it despite my culinary confusion.




My friend, after first eyeing the salmon and eggs (and then having me gently suggest that I was interested in it as well), ordered the sweet corn omelette, which came with bacon, assorted vegetables, and some spicy tomato beans. Luckily for me, she wasn't as hungry so I got a few bites of it. Pretty tasty, for sure - corn is a really nice ingredient to combine with eggs in various capacities. Her drink, an iced matcha latte, was huge and not very strong.




Overall - great location, great service, pretty good food and drinks, but a little pricy when compared to some of the other cafes and brunch spots just around the corner.

Kith Cafe
Park Mall
9 Penang Rd, 238459

Tues - Sun: 8AM - 10PM

+65 6338 8611
http://kith.com.sg/branches/park-mall/


Comments