Cafe Hopping: Strangers' Reunion


One of my favorite places in Singapore, Strangers' Reunion serves up an Australian cafe experience with a lively crowd, tasty food, and excellent coffee. I have a particular soft spot for Strangers, as it was the first cafe that I stumbled into here. My student hostel was a 10 minute walk down the road, and it was here that I wrapped up some applications that I procrastinated on during last summer. But that's another story.

They were the first cafe to introduce the so-called "magic" to Singapore. It is a double ristretto (aka, it's pretty strong) with steamed milk, served in a smaller cup. But it's a phenomenal drink, I've never been disappointed. If you're looking for a good white coffee, go for this one.

I wasn't feeling particularly peckish on this visit, so I went for a Greek artisan yogurt with fresh fruits. Very refreshing dish, though definitely not a main dish.



On my other visits, I've ordered a bunch of dishes, from their waffles for brunch to truffle fries for a late night snack. In fact, waffles have proven so popular that they opened a shop next door that exclusively serves that brunch staple.

Even though I popped in at 3PM, the place was packed and a bit noisy. It is especially popular with the young-20s crowd. No WiFi ensures that conversations dominate the place, as opposed to the tap-tapping often heard from laptops at your local Starbucks.

Is it becoming mainstream? Sure. But is the coffee, food, and overall setting good? You bet.



Strangers' Reunion
37 Kampong Bahru Rd, 169356

Mon9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Wed - Thu9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri - Sat9:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

+65 6222 4869

www.facebook.com/StrangersReunion

Comments